Retirement Week in Review
FEBRUARY 9, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
- Roads to Retirement: Millennial Money
- The Weekly Pulse for Sunday, February 3, 2019 In this episode: (1) Retirement Income and Retirement Innovations like Artificial Intelligence, (2) Are soft skills in demand?, (3) Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need, (4) A Primer on The Fiduciary Standard, (5) Revolution: Venezuela and the shift from the Bolivar to Crypto Currency? and (6) 3 hour delays on the IRS hotline. This week’s special guest is Anne Ackerley, Head of Defined Contribution at BlackRock.
- Big 401(k)s shedding pro rata recordkeeping structure
- American Century Wins 401(k) Class Action Lawsuit
- How Many Millionaires Are in the Thrift Savings Plan?
- Exxon Cleared in 401(k) Investors’ Suit Over Stock Price
- Assets rise 10% on 3 booming quarters of gains in equities ; Older companies, not upstarts, will take lead on innovative changes
- For largest US retirement fund, the sky’s the limit
- Animal imagery finds its way into some ERISA case rulings
- Can the Government Help You Save for Retirement?
- Ways & Means Sets Sights on Retirement Security Reform
- St. Louis’ Schlichter explains how retirement plans have changed since he challenged them ; Judge Wants More Information on Duke Settlement ; ERISA Stock Drop Lawsuit Filed Against Johnson and Johnson ; Anthem Workers Get Trial in 401(k) Fee Class Action ; 401(k) participant sues Stadion, United of Omaha alleging ERISA violations
- Stock market’s end-of-year swoon shrank 401(k) millionaire’s club
- Aramark delays bonus payouts for thousands of managers, slashes 401(k) match
- TSP Saw 26 Percent Spike in Hardship Withdrawals During Shutdown ; TSP, lawmakers eye further financial hardship flexibilities for feds ahead of future shutdowns
- Stadion, United of Omaha Face Lawsuit Over Managed Account Offering
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder and Creator of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 200,000 industry professionals, private and public sector executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.