August 14, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- The father of my child is addicted to buying designer brands — and wants to buy a Jaguar before we buy a houseKitces: What the FIRE movement gets wrong
- A growing legion of debt-laden ‘zombie consumers’ has been enabled by low interest rates
- FSC Securities facing arbitration claim over REIT and VA sales ; Opinion: Why annuities should be part of your retirement ‘pension’ ; Fee-Based Annuities Get IRS Nod
- Budget impasse frustrates preparation for financial literacy course
- DOL to Send Federal Overtime Rule to White House for Review
- I Lost My Identity to a Fraudster, and It Took Six Years to Clean Up the Mess ; Sorry Sir, Our Data Breach Response Plan is Out of Stock ; SEC Investigating Data Leak at First American Financial Corp.
- Uber falls to all-time low as investors grow more skeptical
- Are States Taking Cybersecurity Seriously Enough?
- Amazon’s All-Seeing Eye ; Senators ask Jeff Bezos to explain how Amazon recommends products
- How young VCs bootstrap new venture firms ; The pace of global venture capital investments lags in H1 2019
- What Are Plan Sponsors Worried About?
- Looking at User-Friendliness of Recordkeeper Websites
- Few 401(k) Participants Make Trades in July
- Interest Rate Cuts and the G Fund
- Cross-selling gaining prominence in retirement-plan lawsuits ; Walgreens hit with $300 million 401(k) lawsuit over target-date funds ; M&T Bank 401(k) Suit Grows to Add Record-Keeping Fee Challenge ; Fidelity, CEO Abigail Johnson wrapped up in 401(k) quid pro quo lawsuit
- How risk-sharing policies affect the costs and risks of public pension plans ; Public School Cronyism is Fueling the Pension Crisis
- US Pension Returns Trail Targets for First Time in Three Years
- Union pension underfunding is bankrupting this government entity
- Oregon state employees sue to overturn statute mandating contributions
- City Council to vote on response to grand jury report
- Canadian DB Plans Return 2.7% in Q2 2019 ; Retiree organizations rejecting changes to BC’s DB pension solvency rules
- Zimbabwe after Mugabe: The country where pensions have disappeared
- More people than ever transferring out of DB pension schemes
- US Long-Bond Yield Nears All-Time Low as Global Alarm Grows ; The Fed’s Struggle To End Yield Curve Inversion ; What Negative Interest Rates Mean for the World
- US gasoline prices slip as production increases ; Oil falls on fears of a global economic downturn ; West Virginia hit record production gains for oil and natural gas in 2018
- European markets gloomy on Trump trade war tweets
- Hong Kong’s Next Crisis May Be Economic as Protest Fallout Grows
- ‘Brexit carving into cosmetic surgery market’
- Alternative assets drive investment trust growth ; Easy Access to Alternative Investments
- Europe’s private equity firms turn to US for deal opportunities
- Intel Committees Sued Again Over Hedge Funds in Retirement Plans
- Bitcoin Inches Up; China Says Its Cryptocurrency “Is Ready” ; Institutional investors are powering Bitcoin’s bull run, says new report
- Why wealth managers are in demand at family offices
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 500,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.